Issue 13 PvP Powers Changes
Nearly all attributes characters have are now subject to Diminishing Returns. The specific numbers vary from attribute to attribute, and from class to class (it's easier to Buff Resistance and Defense on a Tanker, than on a Blaster.)
* In general, a single buff will have near full effect, while additional buffs begin to offer less and less benefit. Example: Under the old system, Aim + Build up might provide a combined 67% To Hit buff, while under this system it provides a combined 49% To Hit Buff.
* The calculation is based on the sum of all buffs, so the order the buffs are applied in does not matter.
* It is important to note that the Real Numbers tool will not always report the results of diminishing returns accurately, at least initially. This is specifically true of Damage Buffs, which always display the Pre-Diminished value.
* Changed Melee Range to 7'. Since this is essentially a buff, this effect will be present in PVE as well.
* PvE Travel Suppression continues to work as it has since it was introduced. PvP Travel Suppression will be handled differently, however (see below.)
* All Teleportation and Summonable Teleportals are Disabled while PvP Travel Suppression is active.
The Duration of Movement Suppression in PvP is now variable based on the most recent suppression event applicable to the character. In case of multiple events applicable on the same server tick, only the longest value is applied.
Suppression events are:
Activating a foe TargetedRange (range > 7') damaging Power: 3s * Sum of damage scales.
Example1: Power Bolt has a damage Scale of 1.0 (0.1 + 0.9) resulting in a Suppression Duration of 3 seconds.
o Example2: Power Burst has a damage scale of 2.12 resulting in a Suppression Duration of 6.39 seconds.
* Activating a foe Targeted Melee (Range >0' && Range => 7') damaging Power: 2s* Sum of damage scales.
o Example1: Swipe has a damage scale of 0.76 resulting in a suppression time of 1.52 seconds.
o Example2: Eviscerate has a damage scale of 1.99 resulting in a suppression time of 3.98 seconds.
* Activating a foe targeted Range debuff or control power: 3.5s
* Activating a foe targeted Melee debuff or control power: 2.5s
* Placing a Location Based Entity: 4s
* Activating a self or friend targeted Heal power: 4s
* Activating a Friend targeted Buff power: 4s
* Being the target of an attack: 2s
Control power changes are fairly extensive. The goal here was to make control effects less binary in nature. The shorter durations of status effects, combined with the change from status Protection to Status resistance means that these powers will now how impact on a PvP situation more frequently, but are no longer quite as severe a deciding factor.
* For Controllers: Change Duration base to 4 seconds for Stun, Sleep, Hold, Immobilize, Terrorize, Confuse, Untouchable, Intangible attributes. Duration of Status Effects (Hold, Sleep, etc.) no longer scale by level; instead they have fixed base durations.
* For Dominators: Change normal control Duration base to 4 seconds for Stun, Sleep, Hold, Immobilize, Terrorize, Confuse, Untouchable, Intangible attributes. Duration of Status Effects (Hold, Sleep, etc.) no longer scale by level; instead they have fixed base durations. Change Domination control Duration base to 4 seconds for Stun, Sleep, Hold, Immobilize, Terrorize, Confuse, Untouchable, Intangible attribs. Duration of Status Effects (Hold, Sleep, etc.) no longer scale by level; instead they have fixed base durations. Change Magnitude bonus from +3 to +1.
* For ALL OTHERS: Change control Duration base to 2 seconds for Stun, Sleep, Hold, Immobilize, Terrorize, Confuse, Untouchable, Intangible attributes. Duration of Status Effects (Hold, Sleep, etc.) no longer scale by level; instead they have fixed base durations.
* For Tankers: Change Taunt to a fixed 6 second duration.
* For Scrappers and Brutes: Change Taunt to a fixed 4 second duration.
* For the Manipulation Pool: Change Taunt to a fixed 4 second duration.
* For Stalkers: Change Placate to a fixed 10 second duration.
* For VEATs: Change Placate to a fixed 4 second duration.
Buff and Heal Powers
* A Heal Event now imposes a 25% Resistance to further heals on the character, regardless of source. This Resistance to heals will last for 15 seconds, and stacks with itself. This means that if you are healed 4 times, no further healing will affect you until the resistance duration ends.
* Status Protection attributes for all statuses except Knockback and Knock up changed to Status Resist. For example, a Tanker running Unyielding at level 50 has 12.975 points of protection in PVE, while in PVP he has 129.75% Hold Resistance. That will convert an 8 second hold into a 3.48 second hold.
* Powers now calculate damage based on their activation time, instead of their recharge.
* Lower activation time powers get a slight bonus to damage, due to chaining low damage powers being difficult in PvP.
* Longer Recharge time powers also get a slight damage bonus, so higher level powers with long recharge times deal extra damage.
* Damage has been adjusted for all AT's, reducing the damage gap between each AT.
* Each AT now recieves a bonus resist buff while in PVP, in order to set each AT closer in overall survivability. This resist primarily reduces up the gap in hitpoints between lower hitpoint AT's and higher hitpoint AT's
* Epic armors and Tough (Pool Power) now provide resistance to all damage types while in PVP.
* Any armor set lacking a type of resist or defense will now provide it while in PvP zones.
Taunt Powers (NOTE: These changes are effective in PVE as well! They are essentially accross the board buffs which should give greater crowd control ability to those who possess these power.)
* Add 75% Range Debuff to Tanker Taunt (full aoe)
* Add 75% Range Debuff to Scrapper Confront (and equivalents.) These remain single target.
* Add 75% Range Debuff to Brute Taunt/Confront powers. The Range Debuff should have radius outer set to 0 so it only affects the main target.
* Increased MAX RESIST value for all status effect attribs. This means status resistance effects will have more meaning. This also affects PVE.
* IncreaseRange STR MIN value to 25%. This means no player or critter powers range can be decreased to more than 25% of its original range. So, an 80' attack can never be debuffed below 25'. This also effects PVE.
So, there you have it. A whole slew of changes for you to chew over, plan around...and test on the Training Room! We still have a lot of testing and tuning to do. While our initial playtests are showing these changes to be fun, we’ll ultimately look to broader playtests to validate the changes.
Featured Hero #16
Name: Joe Insanity
Primary: Assault Rifle
Joe Insanity is the latest in the line of armed vigilantes dating back for five generations. Originally from Pennsylvania, his family sent him to Paragon City as a training exercise. Since his arrival he has demonstrated his family’s well known fighting style; saving the city multiple times, and spending more time in the hospital than many Doctors.
Community and Chatter
Supergroups and Coalitions
Related Communities and Feeds
account: f2p - 3 uses
account: problem - 1 use
account: upgrade - 1 use
account: vip - 8 uses
adventures of - 295 uses
advice - 9 uses
archetype: blaster - 136 uses
archetype: brute - 2 uses
archetype: controller - 118 uses
archetype: defender - 176 uses
archetype: dominator - 7 uses
archetype: kheldian - 53 uses
archetype: mastermind - 4 uses
archetype: scrapper - 182 uses
archetype: stalker - 2 uses
archetype: tanker - 177 uses
art - 246 uses
auction house/black market - 33 uses
badges - 159 uses
bases - 87 uses
bios - 191 uses
bugs - 146 uses
builds - 274 uses
character introduction - 388 uses
chibi - 1 use
coalitions - 19 uses
coffee talk - 5 uses
comics - 96 uses
community - 324 uses
community costumes - 1 use
community: villain tags - 5 uses
contests - 23 uses
costumes - 300 uses
customer support - 2 uses
demo editing - 6 uses
developer comments - 128 uses
developer interviews - 10 uses
doug the troll - 71 uses
emotes - 24 uses
enhancements: general - 91 uses
enhancements: hami-o/special - 3 uses
enhancements: inventions - 109 uses
enhancements: regular - 1 use
events - 392 uses
fan fiction - 2 uses
fight club - 19 uses
game codes - 51 uses
game design - 350 uses
giant monsters - 2 uses
global chat - 48 uses
guides - 45 uses
hamidon - 36 uses
hero con - 6 uses
humor - 647 uses
infamy/influence/information - 4 uses
issue 0 - 9 uses
issue 01 - 25 uses
issue 02 - 115 uses
issue 03 - 133 uses
issue 04 - 4 uses
issue 05 - 12 uses
issue 06: along came a spider - 50 uses
issue 07 - 19 uses
issue 08 - 25 uses
issue 09 - 67 uses
issue 10 - 31 uses
issue 11 - 72 uses
issue 12 - 67 uses
issue 13 - 53 uses
issue 14 - 16 uses
issue 15 - 7 uses
issue 16 - 10 uses
issue 17 - 5 uses
issue 18: going rogue/shades of grey - 32 uses
issue 19 - 11 uses
issue 20 - 7 uses
issue 21 - 16 uses
issue 22 - 5 uses
issue 23 - 2 uses
issue 24 - 4 uses
keybinds - 59 uses
legalese - 39 uses
lj exclusive - 11 uses
lore - 9 uses
meet and greet - 86 uses
milestones - 276 uses
mission architect - 1 use
mission architect: general - 23 uses
mission architect: ids - 12 uses
missions/contacts - 63 uses
moderation - 81 uses
movies - 22 uses
music - 43 uses
off topic - 35 uses
other games - 121 uses
paragon market - 13 uses
patches - 91 uses
people stuff - 764 uses
pickup groups - 108 uses
polls - 40 uses
powers: epics - 4 uses
powers: general - 341 uses
powers: incarnate - 8 uses
powers: pool - 9 uses
powers: primary/secondary - 19 uses
praetoria - 10 uses
pve zones - 123 uses
pvp - 54 uses
pvp zones - 27 uses
radio/podcast - 64 uses
rant - 215 uses
respec - 108 uses
rewards: special - 8 uses
rewards: veteran - 52 uses
roleplay - 1 use
save coh - 19 uses
screenshots - 583 uses
server: all - 3 uses
server: champion - 65 uses
server: defiant - 23 uses
server: exalted - 5 uses
server: freedom - 172 uses
server: guardian - 130 uses
server: infinity - 124 uses
server: justice - 131 uses
server: liberty - 53 uses
server: pinnacle - 87 uses
server: protector - 40 uses
server: test - 212 uses
server: triumph - 196 uses
server: union - 10 uses
server: victory - 116 uses
server: vigilance - 2 uses
server: virtue - 396 uses
server: zukunft - 2 uses
super booster pack - 12 uses
supergroups - 267 uses
tag me - 13 uses
task force/strike force/trials - 635 uses
technical: connection - 36 uses
technical: graphics - 72 uses
technical: mac client - 11 uses
technical: misc - 197 uses
tips/help - 638 uses
tools/resources - 210 uses
videos - 130 uses
PVP Changes Announced
Issue 13 PvP Powers Changes
The first time I read that I really freaked out. I missed that it was for PVP...
Ohhhh. See, I was going to bring up this conversation about diminishing returns on stacking buffs, I was going to say how I was a little nervous about its implementation.. but I missed that whole "PvP" thing too.
Nothing there encourages me to want to try PVP.
It isn't supposed to make you want to PvP if you don't already want to. It's supposed to narrow the gap between optimized and non-optimized PvP characters and give the PvP game the overhaul it greatly needed for those who already want to PvP but don't because it's so broken.
Actually, if I read the goals, it's supposed to make PVP more attractive to people who felt burned by it.
I'm thinking a healing event is 'any time you're healed that's not straight health regen'. So Reconstruction is a healing event, while Instant Healing isn't.
Correct. This includes self-heals (Reconstruction, Healing Flames, Dark Regeneration, etc) and ally-heals (Heal Other, O2 Boost, etc).
Cool, so I can have an ally nerf my speed for me.
I can't comment on 90% of this, since I don't really PvP, but...
These changes will narrow the gap between optimized and non-optimized builds. It will help the casual PvPer, not hurt them.
It's going to hurt flyers more than runners unless they're seriously going to up the base speed of hover for PvP.
Not really. The suppression is based on MAX speed not base speed, and the end result is that all travel powers will have the same suppressed speed.
the end result is that all travel powers will have the same suppressed speed.Except Teleport, of course.
* A Heal Event now imposes a 25% Resistance to further heals on the character, regardless of source. This Resistance to heals will last for 15 seconds, and stacks with itself. This means that if you are healed 4 times, no further healing will affect you until the resistance duration ends.If “regardless of source” includes the spectral-damage healback from Phantom Army and Spectral Wounds, this is a massive buff to Illusion Control.
Ah, I see Castle has already mentioned this in the dev digest:
He also answers the question abouut what counts as a heal for purposes of heal decay:Also, I'm not too familiar with how the power works (even less so now), but would the returned health from Spectral Wounds trigger this?Good question. It might, and that alone might cause this to be be revisited. Needs testing.
Yes, Heal decay applies to all healing. Inspirations, self-heals, outside heals -- all trigger this effect.But not regeneration, just heals.